GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
PC-VII No. 33
RBE No.: 84/2017
No. F(E)I/2017 /AL-28/40
New Delhi, dated: 08/ 08/2017
The General Manager/CAOs(R),
All Indian Railways & Production Units,
(As per standard mailing list)
Sub:- Revision of rates of Daily Allowance to Railway employees on tour.
Consequent upon the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission relating to Dally Allowance entitlements on Railways, the rates of Dally Allowance on tour as admissible to Railway employees may be revised as under:-
|7th CPC Level||Entitlement*|
|14 and above||Rs.1200|
|12 and 13||Rs.1000|
|9 and 11||Rs.900|
|6 and 8||Rs.800|
|5 and below||Rs.500|
*these Daily Allowance rates Will go up by 25% every t1me the DA goes up by 50%.
2. The ‘Pay Level’ for determining the Daily Allowance entitlement is as indicated in the . Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016.
3. The term ‘Pay’ in the level for the purpose of these orders refer to Basic Pay drawn in appropriate Pay Level in the Pay Matrix as defined in Rule 3(8) of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 and does not include Non-Practising allowance (NPA), or any other type of pay like special pay etc.
4. However, if the Daily Allowance entitlements in terms of the revised entitlements now prescribed result in a lowering of the existing entitlements in the case of any individual, groups or classes of employees, the entitlements, particularly in respect of mode of travel, class of accommodation, etc., shall not be lowered. They will instead continue to be governed by the earlier orders on the subject till such time as they become eligible, in the normal course, for the higher entitlements.
5. The claims submitted in respect of journey made on or after 1″ July, 2017, may be regulated in accordance with these orders. In respect of journeys performed prior to 1 ” July, 2017, the claims may be regulated in accordance with the previous orders dated 01.12.2008.
6. It may be noted that no additional funds will be provided on account of revision in Daily Allowance entitlements. It may therefore be ensured that permission to official travel Is given judiciously and restricte.;l only to absolutely essential official requirements.
7. These orders shall take effect from 1” July, 2017.
8. Hindi version will follow.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Dy. Director Finance (Estt.)