Government of India
Ministry of Railways
PC-VII No. 45
RBE No. 103/2017
|No.F(E)I/2017 /AL-28/41||New Delhi, dated 24.08.2017|
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways etc.
(As per Standard Mailing List)
Sub: Travelling Allowance Rules -Implementation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
Consequent upon the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission relating to Travelling Allowance entitlements, sanction of the President is conveyed to the revision in the’ Railway Travelling Allowance Rules as set out In the Annexure to this letter.
2. The ‘Pay Level’ for determining the TA/DA entitlement is as indicated in the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016.
3. The term ‘Pay’ in the level for the purpose of these orders refer to Basic Pay drawn in appropriate Pay Level in the Pay Matrix as defined in Rule 3(8) of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 and does not include Non-Practising allowance (NPA), or any other type of pay like special pay etc.
4. However, if the Travelling Allowance entitlements in terms of the revised entitlements now prescribed result in a lowering of the existing entitlements in the case of any individual, groups or classes of employees, the entitlements, particularly in respect of mode of travel, class of accommodation, etc., shall not be lowered. They will instead continue to be governed by the earlier orders on the subject till such time as they become eligible, in the normal course, for the higher entitlements.
5. The claims submitted in respect of journey made on or after 1st July, 2017, may be regulated in accordance with these orders. In respect of journeys performed prior to 1” July, 2017, the claims may be regulated in accordance with the previous orders dated 01.12.2008.
6. It may be noted that no additional funds will be provided on account of revision in TA/DA entitlements. It may therefore be ensured that permission to official travel is given judiciously and restricted only to absolutely essential official requirements.
7. These orders shall take effect from 15th July, 2017.
8. Hindi version is enclosed.
9. Please acknowledge receipt.
Dy. Director Finance (Estt.)
New Delhi, dated 24.08.2017