of Decisions on PENSIONERS on IMPLEMENTATION OF SCPC
(An RSCWS/ IRTSA compilation by Harchandan sINGH,
Secretary Rscws, Chandigarh))
(Ref: Notifications for pensioners & Allowances - 6th
P.C. Gazette extra ordinary Dated 29.8.08 & 1.9.08)
1. a) Revised Pay Scales, Pension & DA to come into
effect from 1/1/2006. b) Revised rates of
Allowances from 1/9/2008.
2. Arrears to be paid in cash in two instalments
– first instalment of 40% during the current year
(2008-09) to be credited to the Pensioners Account by
30.9.2008; and the remaining 60% shall be paid in the
next financial year (2009-10).
3. Multiplication Factor of 1.86 for fixation of
Basic Pension on 1.1.06 – (restoring the
benefit of merger of 50 % DA).
4. 20% Additional Pension/ Family Pension on attaining
80 years of age, 30% on 85 years, 40% on 90 years, 50%
on 95 years & 100% on attaining 100 years of age .
Additional Pension shall be shown separately.
5. Minimum Pension / Family Pension shall be Rs 3500
and highest Pension / Family Pension shall be Rs
6. Personal Pension to those who retired between
31.3.87 & 31.12.87 will continue separately.
7. Full 50%of Pay or 10 months average pay which ever
is higher, as Pension after 20 years service (for
8. Revised Commutation Table for future retirees
9. Maximum Gratuity increased to Rs 10 Lakhs from Rs
3.5 lakhs for future retirees only.
10. Constant Attendance Allowance in case of 100%
Disabled (Civilian) Pensioners (as in Defence).
11. Lump-sum retirement Benefit of 80 months salary
last drawn or average whichever is more on Voluntary
retirement after 15 years service for future
retirees( i.e. those retiring after 1.1.06 ).
12. Enhanced Family Pension for 10 years - in case
of death in harness.
from 1.1.06 = 0 %, from 1.7.06 = 2%, from 1.1.07 = 6
%, from 1.7.07 = 9%, 1.1.08 = 12 %, 1.7.08= 16 %
of Pension shall not be less than 50% of minimum of
pay in the new pay band plus grade pay.
15. REVISED PENSION FITMENT TABLE – AT A GLANCE- is
attached herewith for those who retired before
- Separate Orders will be issued for those who
retired after 1.1.2006.
The table has been summarized on one page for a gap of
Rs 50 each.
- Revised Pension for intermittent levels of
existing Pension may be worked out on pro-rata basis.
- BP in this table means Basic Pension/Family
Pension & includes Commuted Pension & Disability
Pension, if any)
- DP : Means Dearness Pension
rough & approximate estimate of arrears
- Multiply by 5
the pension actually
drawn for June 08 (including Commuted amount but
excluding Medical Allowance)
REVISED PENSION FITMENT TABLE – AT A GLANCE